Evaluating the effectiveness of Early Years and Leadership and Management in the new Inspection Framework and how to articulate this in your SEF/SSE
24 January 2020
This workshop enables participants to reflect on the extent that leaders, managers and those responsible for governance ensure that the education that the school provides has a positive impact on all its pupils.
It focuses on the areas where inspection and research indicate that leaders and managers can have the strongest effect on the quality of the education provided by the school.
Practical tips, strategies and templates are shared. Time is allocated during the day to constructing and editing your own SEF/ SSE with support from the consultant using a variety of templates and resources to ensure it is robust and evaluative.
- Evaluate how leaders assure themselves that the aims of the early years foundation stage (EYFS) are met and that it is sufficiently challenging for the children it serves.
- Ensure that the content, sequencing and progression in the seven areas of learning are secured as appropriate
- Ensure the content of the EYFS curriculum is taught in a logical progression, systematically and in a way that is explained effectively, so that it gives children the necessary foundations for the rest of their schooling
- evaluate the extent to which children develop, consolidate and deepen their knowledge, understanding and skills across all the areas of learning in the EYFS.
- Explore how staff develop children’s communication and language through singing songs, nursery rhymes and playing games and develop children’s love of reading through reading aloud and telling stories and rhymes
- Evaluate to what extent children demonstrate their attitudes and behaviours through the key characteristics of effective learning
- Understand how inspectors will evaluate the quality of leadership and management
- Enable participants to consider each element of the inspection guidance and reflected on key implications linked to their own school
- Understand the link and influence that leadership and management has on all elements of school provision and explore practical strategies to demonstrate effectiveness.
- Appreciate the implications and priorities for staff development and wellbeing and reducing workload
- Explore how to communicate your school’s vision and ethos
- Evaluate the extent in which leaders create coherence and consistency across the school so that pupils benefit from effective teaching and consistent expectations, wherever they are in the school
- Explore effective governance that provides robust challenge and support to leaders
- Ensure pupils are safeguarded robustly.
Session 1 (24/01/2020 08:45 - 15:30 session)
|Seminar Host||Seminar Name||Seminar Schedule|
|Paul Longden||Evaluating the effectiveness of Early Years and Leadership and Management in the new Inspection Framework and how to articulate this in your SEF/SSE||24/01/2020 08:45 - 15:30|