Early Years Conference with Alistair Bryce-Clegg from ABC DOES
06 November 2019
‘Letting the children lead their learning?’ – How the theory translates into effective everyday practice
The (EYFS) learning and development requirements are informed by the best available evidence on how children learn and reflect the broad range of skills, knowledge and attitudes children need as foundations for good future progress.
Our Early Years settings should be the best place to learn and achieve. There is huge potential to really engage children in their learning through quality play experiences in a stimulating environment. All too often this potential is squeezed out of Early Years by a misguided belief that a ‘formal’ approach to teaching and learning is the only way to get results.
A wealth of experience and a passion for quality child led learning tells me that this isn’t the case. A well planned environment that underpins quality play experiences, delivered by skillful practitioners is a guaranteed recipe for success. Through ‘Excellence in Early Years’ I will introduce you to a range of tried and tested strategies that will help you to achieve this goal.
During the day we will look at:
- How you can link your environment to ongoing assessment.
- The balance between adult led and child initiated learning.
- The principles behind the concept of Continuous Provision and how to make it work.
- How you can use your environment, planning and assessment to show that children are making progress within the Development Matters statement.
Benefits of joining us include:
- Strengthen your knowledge of what the key elements of an effective Early Years environment inside and out should be and why.
- Take time to reflect on the effectiveness of the provision that you put in place and the skills that it develops.
- Learn how to carry out an in-depth skills audit for all areas of provision with practical examples.
- Take away strategies for planning high level attainment in adult led activities and periods of Continuous Provision with planning formats to get you started.
- Have the opportunity to look at the role of the adult in facilitating effective and productive learning both inside and out.
- Discover how to create an audit trail for attainment in an effective Early Years environment.
- Learn how to prepare your children for ‘school readiness’ enabling them to achieve high levels of attainment without a Key Stage One approach.
Who Should Attend?
Head Teachers, Members of Senior Leadership Team, Middle Leaders, Early Years Coordinators, Early Years Practitioners, Early Years Support Staff, Governors, Advisory Teachers
Refreshments and lunch included
Early Bird Offer £165 plus VAT booking prior to 31 July 2019 - Tickets £185.00 plus VAT
Session 1 (06/11/2019 08:00 - 15:30 session)
|Seminar Host||Seminar Name||Seminar Schedule|
|Alistair Bryce-Clegg||Early Years Conference with Alistair Bryce-Clegg from ABC DOES||06/11/2019 08:00 - 15:30|