Evaluating Personal Development In The New Inspection Framework And How To Articulate This In Your SEF/SSE
16 March 2020
This workshop will enable participants to reflect and evaluate the extent to which the curriculum supports pupils to develop in many diverse aspects of life. It will explore the school’s intent to provide for the personal development of pupils, and the quality with which the school implements this.
Leaders will explore what effective action it takes to prepare pupils for many aspects of life and how it builds pupils confidence and resilience,
Time is allocated during the day to constructing and editing your own SEF/ SSE with support from the consultant using a variety of templates and resources to ensure it is robust and evaluative.
- Understand how inspectors will evaluate the quality of personal development during inspection
- Reflect on the extent to which your school is developing responsible, respectful, active citizens who are able to play their part and become actively involved in public life as adults
- Explore how curriculum deepens pupils’ understanding of the fundamental British values of democracy, individual liberty, the rule of law and mutual respect and tolerance
- Reflect on how you develop pupils’ character, the set of positive personal traits, dispositions and virtues that informs their motivation to cooperate consistently well with others
- Explore the extent to which you develop pupils’ confidence, resilience and knowledge so that they can keep themselves mentally healthy
- Evaluate how you develop pupils’ understanding of how to keep physically healthy and maintain an active lifestyle, including giving ample opportunities for pupils to be active during the school day and through extra- curricular activities
Aimed at All Schools - Heads, leaders, middle leaders, department leaders, leaders, Governors, pastoral leads
Session 1 (16/03/2020 08:45 - 15:30 session)
|Seminar Host||Seminar Name||Seminar Schedule|
|Paul Longden||Evaluating Personal Development in the new Inspection Framework and how to articulate this in your SEF/SSE||16/03/2020 08:45 - 15:30|