Leading Primary Foundation Subject - Science (am)
29 September 2020
These sessions will provide subject leaders with relevant professional development for the subject they lead. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with pedagogical, curricular and leadership developments as well as relevant research projects.
Subjects covered currently include Art and Design, Design and Technology, Geography, History, PE and Science.
- Engage with research identifying key barriers to pupils’ ability to read confidently and fluently vocabulary development leaders must tackle
- Consider practical solutions to help all teachers create a rich reading culture
- Examine ways teaching of reading particularly through Key Stage 2 that can equip pupils with ability to comprehend what they read and enable them to ‘read to learn’ effectively
- Explore teaching strategies to develop and widen pupils’ vocabulary
- Understand the importance of developing academic and subject specific vocabulary Understand how the classroom and wider school environment can be developed to promote and broaden pupils’ vocabulary
- Develop a whole school approach to the development of a vocabulary rich school
- Identify next steps for school provision
Amied at: All schools Heads, senior leaders, middle leaders, department leaders, phase leaders, teachers
Session 1 (29/09/2020 09:00 - 12:00 session)
|Seminar Host||Seminar Name||Seminar Schedule|
|Paul Longden||Leading Primary Foundation Subject - Science (am)||29/09/2020 09:00 - 12:00|