Attendance and the Education Inspection Framework
11 January 2021
The new Education Inspection Framework has prioritised the curriculum as the ‘real substance of education’. A significant proportion of pupils not accessing the curriculum at all are those that are not in school, this makes absence even more important for inspector.
Participants will reflect on the way inspectors will evaluate attendance. The course will provide opportunities to evaluate the effectiveness of the school’s systems and procedures to promote good attendance.
Through the session participants will:
- Develop a greater awareness of how attendance will be evaluated in the current inspection framework
- including ‘off rolling’, ‘alternative provision’ and part time timetables
- Explore ways to develop a better understanding of the role of other school stakeholders in improving attendance
- Consider the challenges of the ‘attendance officer’ faces and explore range of practical solutions to manage these effectively
- Use a toolkit that will support robust self-evaluation of the school’s attendance systems and procedures
- Look at development of effective case studies
- Share good practice and network with other colleagues
Aimed at: All schools, Heads, senior leaders, attendance officers, business managers
Session 1 (11/01/2021 08:45 - 15:30 session)
|Seminar Host||Seminar Name||Seminar Schedule|
|Paul Longden||Attendance and the Education Inspection Framework||11/01/2021 08:45 - 15:30|