Enhancing the Effectiveness of Middle Leaders
15 January 2021
This course will enable participants to explore key aspects of the role of middle leadership including data analysis, lesson observation and monitoring and evaluation activities.
It is a mixture of direct instruction, activities and discussion
- Be aware of latest requirements in revised inspection frameworks (September 2019) to identify what Ofsted wants to see from a middle leader – produce the correct evidence, recognise best practice and take responsibility for school improvement.
- Learn the importance of being evaluative ensuring monitoring activities lead to improvement
- Explore importance of self-evaluation and school improvement planning using the inspection framework as a starting point.
- Through lesson observation look at practical considerations when evaluating teaching across school
- Evaluate the impact of the curriculum and to what extent the curricular intent is being successfully implemented.
- Develop the basic data handling skills used to monitor and evaluate attainment, progress, and achievement within your phase/ subject.
- Develop a strategy for having difficult conversations with colleagues.
- Engage with latest research into effective teaching strategies and how to develop these with colleagues.
Aimed at: All schools, Middle leaders current and those showing potential
Session 1 (15/01/2021 08:45 - 15:30 session)
|Seminar Host||Seminar Name||Seminar Schedule|
|Paul Longden||Enhancing the Effectiveness of Middle Leaders||15/01/2021 08:45 - 15:30|